VS2015: out of the box example code build errors

At first, I was getting “Build exited with code 1” on the MvcExampleIdentityProvider and MvcExampleServiceProvider projects.
I searched around and some had luck with updating their Typescript versions and various other minor changes - none of which I’ve had any luck with. I’ now stuck with several errors in the SamlController as follows:

I’ve searched this forum and found nothing similar. Has no one else had any similar issue?

My apologies. This is an issue if using versions of Visual Studio earlier than 2017.
The build errors you see refer to the use of the “out var” syntax introduced in C# 7.0.
For example:

SAMLIdentityProvider.ReceiveSSO(Request, out var partnerName);

The simplest thing to do is to remove these two projects from the solution and to refer to the ExampleIdentityProvider and ExampleServiceProvider projects under the Examples\SSO\HighLevelAPI\WebForms folder.
Alternatively, if you wish to build the MVC projects with an earlier version of the compiler, replace the “out var” with a declaration and “out”.
For example:

string partnerName;

SAMLIdentityProvider.ReceiveSSO(Request, out partnerName);

[quote]
ComponentSpace - 1/8/2019
My apologies. This is an issue if using versions of Visual Studio earlier than 2017.
The build errors you see refer to the use of the "out var" syntax introduced in C# 7.0.
For example:

SAMLIdentityProvider.ReceiveSSO(Request, out var partnerName);

The simplest thing to do is to remove these two projects from the solution and to refer to the ExampleIdentityProvider and ExampleServiceProvider projects under the Examples\SSO\HighLevelAPI\WebForms folder.
Alternatively, if you wish to build the MVC projects with an earlier version of the compiler, replace the "out var" with a declaration and "out".
For example:

string partnerName;

SAMLIdentityProvider.ReceiveSSO(Request, out partnerName);

[/quote]

No apologies needed, I tried this yesterday as I knew it was a C# version issue but was probably cross-eyed at the time (late in the day after reading about all this). I tried again and all is well. Thanks!

You’re welcome.