The message is not an HTTP POST.

Hi,

I have got asp.net web form application (as Service Provider) and trying to use ExampleIdentityProvider (provided in the sample files) to authenticate and signin to SP. When it comes to AssertionConsumerService it throws exception saying message is not POST. I have successfully ran the ExampleSerivceProvider with ExampleIdentityProvider but when plugging this IdP to actual application it gives me error.

I checked the logs as well I found that IdP is creating a form with SamlResponse and posting to AssertionConsumingService.aspx.

Anyone has got similar issue and able to resolve it?

Thanks,
Muhammad Masood

Hi Muhammad
When you call SAMLServiceProvider.ReceiveSSO from your SP’s assertion consumer service page, one of the checks we make is to ensure the HTTP request is an HTTP Post. If it’s an HTTP Get etc then we throw an exception with the error message you are seeing.
I recommend using Fiddler or something similar to capture the HTTP traffic to confirm that a SAML response is being sent in an HTTP post and to see what happens after that.
If you don’t have any luck then you’re welcome to send a Fiddler .SAZ archive file to our support email and we’ll take a look. Please mention this topic.

[quote]
ComponentSpace - Tuesday, June 14, 2016
Hi Muhammad
When you call SAMLServiceProvider.ReceiveSSO from your SP's assertion consumer service page, one of the checks we make is to ensure the HTTP request is an HTTP Post. If it's an HTTP Get etc then we throw an exception with the error message you are seeing.
I recommend using Fiddler or something similar to capture the HTTP traffic to confirm that a SAML response is being sent in an HTTP post and to see what happens after that.
If you don't have any luck then you're welcome to send a Fiddler .SAZ archive file to our support email and we'll take a look. Please mention this topic.
[/quote]

Thanks for your reply. I got it fixed but it is weird that when I use in saml.config it works but as soon as I add extension .aspx to AssertionConsumerService it throws exception.

I have got one IdP (main IdP trusted by SP) which trusts partners IdPs. Is there any guide how to use Federated Identity Provider using ComponentSpace? Or I have to load multiple IdPs using programmatically.

Thanks a lot.

That’s strange. In our examples we include the .aspx extension.
A Fiddler trace would help in debugging this if you wanted to find the cause.
You can configure multiple partner IdPs through the saml.config file or programmatically.
In our examples you’ll see they include multiple entries.
Simply add a new for each partner IdP.

[quote]
ComponentSpace - Wednesday, June 15, 2016
That's strange. In our examples we include the .aspx extension.
A Fiddler trace would help in debugging this if you wanted to find the cause.
You can configure multiple partner IdPs through the saml.config file or programmatically.
In our examples you'll see they include multiple entries.
Simply add a new for each partner IdP.
[/quote]

Hi,

I can setup multiple IdPs in config but I have got multi-tenant application. How will application will redirect to correct IdP?
I guess I am using old version of ComponentSpace dll. One of you guys suggested me that SAMLControll is introduced in new dll.

Thanks,
Muhammad Masood

We also support multi-tenancy applications.
Please take a look at:
http://www.componentspace.com/Forums/51/SAML-MultiTenancy-Applications
It’s possible you have an older version of the DLL without this support. If so, please email support.