Support for Azure Function Out of Process

Dear Support Team,

We are currently having the ASP.NET Core License and use it within Azure Functions InProc Model. This works very well since the underlaying object model is same as for ASP.NET Core.
Nevertheless, we tried to switch to Azure Functions Out of Process model and realized that this doesn’t work since the Request/Response objects are different.

I’m aware that the product was never designed for Azure Functions but since the world is going more and more serverless and to be scalable based on the demand, it would be highly desirable to use your decent library also in that way.
The AZ Function Out of Process model has several advantages in term of control and supports out of the box each new version of .NET.

Currently we isolated the function into an dedicated project which uses the InProc Model. But this is only a workaround.
I guess that adapting the code to support both is not too much work but would create great value.

Many thanks for considering my suggestion.

Thank you for your suggestion.

This is something we intend supporting but I can’t give you a timeline at this stage.

[quote]
ComponentSpace - 5/7/2022

This is something we intend supporting but I can't give you a timeline at this stage.
[/quote]

Happy to hear that it is intended to be added. We would love to use this with the Release of .NET 7 (11/2022).
.NET 7 won't be supported with AZ Functions InProcess Model. Being able to use .NET 7 right from the beginning it is a real benefit for us.

Understood. Thanks for the feedback.

[quote]
ComponentSpace - 5/7/2022

This is something we intend supporting but I can't give you a timeline at this stage.
[/quote]

Is there any update or outlook regarding this topic? :) .NET 7 is in front of the door.

It’s near the top of our list.

It’s near the top of our list.