SAMLServiceProvider.InitiateSSO usage from 2.5.015 to 2.6.0.18

Hi,

Our call to ADFS as an IDP is failing using 2.6.0.18 version of ComponentSpace.SAML2.

This is our code before using 2.5.0.15:

And uing 2.6.0.18, here it is now:

I am doing this to support SHA256. Apparently 2.5.0.15 doesnt support it. When I change ADFS Relying Partner to SHA256 the SAML requests to SP fails. Hence I resorted to updating to 2.6.0.18 which works when I do IDP initiated SSO. But when I do SP initiated SSO and call SAMLServiceProvider.InitiateSSO it fails. It is saying I need saml.config file.

Normally we maintain backward compatibility but in this instance we decided to refactor the SAML configuration and introduce a SAMLController class.
In the older version you specified the configuration by setting the SAMLConfiguration.Current property.
In the current version you now set specify the SAMLController.Configuration property.
Please ensure you are setting this property prior to calling any of the SAMLServiceProvider methods.
The following forum post demonstrates this.
http://www.componentspace.com/Forums/38/Specifying-the-SAML-Configuration-Programmatically

[quote]
ComponentSpace - 1/16/2017
Normally we maintain backward compatibility but in this instance we decided to refactor the SAML configuration and introduce a SAMLController class.
In the older version you specified the configuration by setting the SAMLConfiguration.Current property.
In the current version you now set specify the SAMLController.Configuration property.
Please ensure you are setting this property prior to calling any of the SAMLServiceProvider methods.
http://www.componentspace.com/Forums/38/Specifying-the-SAML-Configuration-Programmatically

[/quote]

Thanks a lot. I will check this and get back to you. This is very much appreciated.
[quote]
ComponentSpace - 1/16/2017

[/quote]

Thanks a lot. I will check this and get back to you. This is very much appreciated.[/quote]
By the way, does 2.5.0.15 support SHA256? I tested this using ADFS and it is failing.
Does this mean I need to get a license for 2.6.0.18?

SHA-256 support was added in 2.6.0.8. You would need to upgrade to the latest release (currently 2.6.0.18).
Please contact us for upgrade pricing.
There is the option to configure ADFS to use SHA-1 rather than SHA-256 signatures.
You’ll find this in the relying party’s properties under the advanced tab.
However, if possible, we recommend moving to SHA-256 and the latest product update.

[quote]
ComponentSpace - 1/17/2017
SHA-256 support was added in 2.6.0.8. You would need to upgrade to the latest release (currently 2.6.0.18).
Please contact us for upgrade pricing.
There is the option to configure ADFS to use SHA-1 rather than SHA-256 signatures.
You'll find this in the relying party's properties under the advanced tab.
However, if possible, we recommend moving to SHA-256 and the latest product update.
[/quote]

Hi,

What happened to CertificateManager as well?

It’s now part of the SAMLController class. This was part of some refactoring of the configuration classes.
SAMLController.CertificateManager = new CustomCertificateManager();
Setting this property is only required if using a custom certificate manager.
SAMLController.CertificateManager defaults to the standard CertificateManager.