SAMLConfigurationException: There is no SAML configuration

Hello,

I copy/pasted my SAML login implementation from a working test projet to my actual project. In both projects, I initialize the configuration in the Application_Start method in Global.asax. This is the code that fails during Initialization:

SAMLConfiguration.Current.ServiceProviderConfiguration = _ServiceProviderConfiguration;
SAMLConfiguration.Current.AddPartnerIdentityProvider(_IdentityProviderConfiguration);
SAMLConfiguration.Current.CertificateManager = new CertificateManager(SAMLConfiguration.Current);

Exception Detail and Stacktrace:
[SAMLConfigurationException: There is no SAML configuration.] ComponentSpace.SAML2.Configuration.SAMLConfiguration.get_Current() in c:\Sandboxes\ComponentSpace\SAMLv20\Library\Configuration\SAMLConfiguration.cs:338 SAML.SamlService.Initialize() in c:\Users\Chris\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\AssetReservation\Web\SAML\SamlService.aspx.cs:125 AssetReservation.Web.Global.Application_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Users\Chris\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\AssetReservation\Web\Global.asax.cs:131

Here is the trace:
ComponentSpace.SAML2 Verbose: 0 : 14:32:28: ComponentSpace.SAML2, Version=2.5.0.15, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7c51d97b3a0a8ff9 (retail license).
ComponentSpace.SAML2 Verbose: 0 : 14:32:28: Exception: ComponentSpace.SAML2.Exceptions.SAMLConfigurationException: There is no SAML configuration.

The variables _ServiceProviderConfiguration and _IdentityProviderConfiguration are correctly initialized in both projects.

Am I missing something? Thank you very much for any advice.

Regards,

Chris

Hi Chris. Please contact us by email to receive an update. We’ve changed slightly how SAML configuration is loaded. This change is available in 2.5.0.16.
The following link demonstrates the new way to programmatically configure SAML configuration.

http://www.componentspace.com/Forums/38/Storing-the-SAML-Configuration-in-a-Database

Thank you!

Chris