Saml.config - Multiple service providers

Hi,

We are working on ASP.NET MVC solution. Can we have multiple service providers and multiple PartnerIdentityProviders in one saml.config file in same solution?

Yes. A SAML configuration can include only one service provider and multiple partner identity providers. However, you can have multiple SAML configurations in your saml.config.

The following is an outline of how multiple SAML configurations are configured.

Prior to any SAML API calls, you need to specify which SAML configuration should be used. This is done by setting the SAMLController.ConfigurationName property.

SAMLController.ConfigurationName = “tenant1”;

For more information, please refer to the “Multi-Tenancy Support” section of the Configuration Guide which is included in the documentation folder and is also available at:

https://www.componentspace.com/documentation/saml-for-asp-net/ComponentSpace%20SAML%20for%20ASP.NET%20Configuration%20Guide.pdf

[quote]
ComponentSpace - 12/5/2023
Yes. A SAML configuration can include only one service provider and multiple partner identity providers. However, you can have multiple SAML configurations in your saml.config.

The following is an outline of how multiple SAML configurations are configured.

Prior to any SAML API calls, you need to specify which SAML configuration should be used. This is done by setting the SAMLController.ConfigurationName property.

SAMLController.ConfigurationName = "tenant1";

For more information, please refer to the "Multi-Tenancy Support" section of the Configuration Guide which is included in the documentation folder and is also available at:

https://www.componentspace.com/documentation/saml-for-asp-net/ComponentSpace%20SAML%20for%20ASP.NET%20Configuration%20Guide.pdf
[/quote]

Hi,

Thanks for giving the reply. I am using ComponentSpace.SAML2 assembly. I am not getting ConfigurationName property to be set in SAMLController
Is it SAMLController.ConfigurationID to be set? If yes in saml.config Do i need to use Id instead of name?

Thanks,
Rammohan

It sounds like you’re using an older version of the product.

You’re correct. You should use ConfigurationID and ID.

We renamed these to ConfigurationName and Name in a later release.

[quote]
ComponentSpace - 12/6/2023
It sounds like you're using an older version of the product.

You're correct. You should use ConfigurationID and ID.

We renamed these to ConfigurationName and Name in a later release.
[/quote]

Thanks for the reply.
Could you please suggest how to include certificate as string in saml.config under PartnerIdentityProvider. I am not getting IntelliSense for saml.config when opened under visual studio.
Is the following format is correct?

Yes, that’s correct. The string value is the base-64 encoded certificate.

You’ll find this information in the Configuration Guide which is documentation folder.