ReceiveAuthnRequestByHTTPRedirect and certificate key

I am using IdentityProvider.ReceiveAuthnRequestByHTTPRedirect(HttpRequest, out XmlElement, out string RelayState, out bool Signed, System.Security.Cryptography.AsymmetricKeyAlgorithm key) to receive a HTTPRedirect request on the IdP side. The request is not signed.

What can/should I use for the System.Security.Cryptography.AsymmetricKeyAlgorithm key parameter?

If you pass in null as the key parameter any included signature won’t be verified.
If there isn’t a signature then passing in null is the best option.

[quote]
ComponentSpace - 10/31/2017
If you pass in null as the key parameter any included signature won't be verified.
If there isn't a signature then passing in null is the best option.
[/quote]

Sorry, I believe I had tried that and should have mentioned it. Passing null as the last parameter doesn't compile with the error that no function signature expects those parameters.
[quote]
ComponentSpace - 10/31/2017
If you pass in null as the key parameter any included signature won't be verified.
If there isn't a signature then passing in null is the best option.
[/quote]

Sorry, I believe I had tried that and should have mentioned it. Passing null as the last parameter doesn't compile with the error that no function signature expects those parameters. [/quote]
Tried it again and null works. Weird, I thought I had tried it already. Thank you so much for your help!

You’re welcome!