Partner Identity provider not configured - enabling SAML Trace

Hi,

We have a vendor application with minimal documentation, however, it does state that SSO is possible using ADFS as an identity provider by creating a SAML.config file.
I’ve done that, but I receive an error to say that my provider is not configured.

While it’s possible that we have a problem within ADFS, I suspect that I’m not using the correct name in my SAML.config
So, having reviewed https://www.componentspace.com/Forums/17/Enabing-SAML-Trace I’ve added the code to the application’s web.config file.

However, now when I try to log in, it states that the type initializer for ‘ComponentSpace.SAML2.Utility.Diagnostics’ threw an exception
The inner exception being “Couldn’t find type for class ComponentSpace.SAML2.Utility.CyclicTraceListener,ComponentSpace.SAML2”

Full details below

If you have any pointers on this it’d be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Steve

Hi Steve,

You must be using an older release that doesn’t include the inbuilt CyclicTraceListener. Instead, you should use one of Microsoft’s trace listeners or a 3rd party trace listener.

The following configuration can be added to your web.config to use Microsoft’s TextWriterTraceListener.

<system.diagnostics>

</system.diagnostics>

If you’re not sure what the issue is, you’re welcome to send the generated log file as an email attachment to support@componentspace.com.

[quote]
ComponentSpace - 3/19/2020
Hi Steve,

You must be using an older release that doesn't include the inbuilt CyclicTraceListener. Instead, you should use one of Microsoft's trace listeners or a 3rd party trace listener.

The following configuration can be added to your web.config to use Microsoft's TextWriterTraceListener.

If you're not sure what the issue is, you're welcome to send the generated log file as an email attachment to support@componentspace.com.
[/quote]

Thank you so much for this. It worked perfectly.
It confirmed that we were using the correct idp name, but that the application was reading details from another SAML.config file as well as the one we'd configured.
once we found that and removed it, we've been able to move forward.

We're now authenticated properly.

I really appreciate your help with this - have a good day / weekend.

Steve

You’re welcome Steve. Have a good weekend.

[quote]
ComponentSpace - 3/19/2020
Hi Steve,

You must be using an older release that doesn't include the inbuilt CyclicTraceListener. Instead, you should use one of Microsoft's trace listeners or a 3rd party trace listener.

The following configuration can be added to your web.config to use Microsoft's TextWriterTraceListener.

If you're not sure what the issue is, you're welcome to send the generated log file as an email attachment to support@componentspace.com.
[/quote]

Hi ComponentSpace Development,

We are using the SAML v2.8.0.0, can we have it updated to the latest version for free? How can we have it updated to a version that includes the inbuilt CyclicTraceListener?

Thank you.

Please contact support@componentspace.com including your license details.