OnSAMLResponseReceived method called repeatedly for every SAML claim

As the Service Provider, we’ve implemented AbstractSAMLObserver. This has allowed us to see and log the actual claim as it comes into our application.
The problem is that every authentication from the identity provider results in OnSAMLResponseReceived being called dozens if not hundreds of times within a second. The SAMLResponse received is identical in all calls.
Is this the way it is supposed to work? It’s very noisy within our log system and making real issues hard to identify.

Thanks!
Mark

Hi Mark,

OnSAMLResponseReceived should only be called once per SAML response.

Is it possible your implementation has been registered multiple times (ie multiple calls to SAMLObservable.Subscribe)?

[quote]
ComponentSpace - 11/22/2023
Hi Mark,

OnSAMLResponseReceived should only be called once per SAML response.

Is it possible your implementation has been registered multiple times (ie multiple calls to SAMLObservable.Subscribe)?
[/quote]

I have it setup as a Singleton in my SAML service when the service initially loads but I suppose it may be possible.
Thanks you for the advice, I'll investigate further.

If there’s still an issue, please enable SAML trace and send the generated log file as an email attachment to support@componentspace.com mentioning your forum post.

https://www.componentspace.com/Forums/17/Enabing-SAML-Trace