Need advice/help capturing a SAML request from IDP to SP

I’ve set up an IDP and SP (different IP’s on my local). I have tracing enabled for both, but I’m not seeing what I am expecting to see for request/assertion XML data.
Both instances have a lot of “response” data, IDP is XML, IP is some kind of hashed data. But nothing jumps out as request data. I’ve attached the two traces with one successful SSO. Let me know if there is anything else I should provide.

Both traces include the SAML response XML sent by the IdP to the SP.
The SAML response contains the SAML assertion.
If you take a look at the SP log, you’ll find an entry starting with “The decoded base-64 string is:”.
The XML string after this is the SAML response received from the IdP.
If you copy this string to an XML file and open it in the browser etc, you’ll see the SAML response and embedded SAML assertion.
Everything looks okay as far as I could tell.

[quote]
ComponentSpace - 1/14/2019
Both traces include the SAML response XML sent by the IdP to the SP.
The SAML response contains the SAML assertion.
If you take a look at the SP log, you'll find an entry starting with "The decoded base-64 string is:".
The XML string after this is the SAML response received from the IdP.
If you copy this string to an XML file and open it in the browser etc, you'll see the SAML response and embedded SAML assertion.
Everything looks okay as far as I could tell.
[/quote]

Thank you for the response,
For the sake of clarity... and yes, I'm confused, I apologize... when you state "The XML string after this is the SAML response received from the IdP", does this mean the said XML string is the IDP XML SAML request? Hope that makes sense. I'm out of my comfort zone here and may not be asking the right question. What I've been asked for is a sample XML request from the IDP to provide to our SP customers. They just need the format so we can test run against a live site.

It’s actually a SAML response rather than a SAML request.
The element name is “Response”.
For example:
<samlp:Response xmlns:samlp=“urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:protocol”
I’ve attached the SAML response XML from your sp1.log.

[quote]
ComponentSpace - 1/15/2019
It's actually a SAML response rather than a SAML request.
The element name is "Response".
For example:
<samlp:Response xmlns:samlp="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:protocol"
I've attached the SAML response XML from your sp1.log.
[/quote]

The attachment link directs me to the forum root... I tried finding "<samlp:Response xmlns:samlp="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:protocol" in the origional file I sent, with no luck but did find this:
...http://192.168.0.147/SAML/AssertionConsumerService" xmlns:samlp="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:protocol">...

Are you saying I'm not going to be able to see the actual request XML?

If you click the samlresponse.xml attachment in my previous post, it doesn’t download or display the XML?
The <samlp:Response ID=“_77a3140b-9321-476b-85d8-a80143a63156” Version=“2.0” … is the SAML response being sent by the IdP to the SP.
It’s the XML you can share with your SP customers as an example of the SAML response your IdP sends.