IDP Meta data to provide to SP

I am using version 2.5.0.14 and am using the ExportMetaData utility to try and generate the meta data for the IDP to provide to the SP. I am getting a null reference exception for the argument "path" when it tries to create the new SAMLConfiguration.

Usage is ExportMetaData TEST-IDP idp.pfx spmetadata.xml

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<IdentityProvider Name="TEST-IDP"
CertificateFile="idp.pfx"
CertificatePassword="password"/>

the saml config file and the idp.pfx files are in the local directory.

Any idea what I am doing wrong

here is the output from the console window

Loading SAML configuration file saml.config.
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'ComponentSpace.SAML2.Configuration.SAMLConfiguration' threw an exception. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: path
at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.CheckIllegalCharacters(String[] str, Boolean onlyCheckExtras)
at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.AddPathList(FileIOPermissionAccess access, AccessControlActions control, String[] pathListOrig, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath, Boolean copyPathList)
at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission..ctor(FileIOPermissionAccess access, String path)
at System.Web.InternalSecurityPermissions.get_AppPathDiscovery()
at System.Web.HttpRuntime.get_AppDomainAppPath()
at ComponentSpace.SAML2.Configuration.SAMLConfiguration.GetAbsoluteFilePath(String fileName) in C:\Sandboxes\ComponentSpace\SAMLv20\Library\Configuration\SAMLConfiguration.cs:line 80
at ComponentSpace.SAML2.Configuration.SAMLConfiguration..cctor() in C:\Sandboxes\ComponentSpace\SAMLv20\Library\Configuration\SAMLConfiguration.cs:line 47
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at ComponentSpace.SAML2.Configuration.SAMLConfiguration..ctor(XmlElement xmlElement)
at ExportMetadata.Program.LoadSAMLConfiguration() in C:\Temp\Export Metadata\Metadata\ExportMetadata\Program.cs:line 60
at ExportMetadata.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Temp\Export Metadata\Metadata\ExportMetadata\Program.cs:line 88

My apologies. There was a bug in this earlier release that was subsequently fixed.
Instead of using ExportMetadata, you could take a look at the IdP-template.xml file under Examples\Metadata\Templates.
This has to-do instructions for updating the file with your specific configuration information.
Otherwise, you’re welcome to contact us by email and we can assist with your metadata.
You might also like to consider upgrading to the latest release.
You’ll find the release notes at:
https://componentspace.com/Forums/8576/Release-Notes