How to set SSO Session Cookie Option

Hello -

We are having similar issue as mentioned here:

https://www.componentspace.com/Forums/11640/Initiate-and-Assert-happens-in-different-domain

I’ve tried the proscribed solution, but the call to the set the domain is never executed.

services.Configure(options =>
{
// this code is never executed
options.CookieOptions = new CookieOptions()
{
Domain = “xyz.com
};
});

Is there a change i need to make using more recent update? We’re using Saml2 4.2 version. Running .NET 6.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Mike Oliver
TeamDynamix, Inc.

Hi Mike,

There are a few options for maintaining SAML session state. The link you included is for when session state is saved in the actual cookie. By default, we use a different mechanism where the cookie is an index into session state stored in a distributed cache. For that case, the code should be:

using ComponentSpace.Saml2.Session;

builder.Services.Configure(options =>
{
options.CookieOptions = new ComponentSpace.Saml2.Bindings.CookieOptions()
{
Domain = “xyz.com
};
});

[quote]
ComponentSpace - 12/8/2023
Hi Mike,

There are a few options for maintaining SAML session state. The link you included is for when session state is saved in the actual cookie. By default, we use a different mechanism where the cookie is an index into session state stored in a distributed cache. For that case, the code should be:

using ComponentSpace.Saml2.Session;

builder.Services.Configure(options =>
{
options.CookieOptions = new ComponentSpace.Saml2.Bindings.CookieOptions()
{
Domain = "xyz.com"
};
});

[/quote]

Hi - thanks. As it turns out, I just figured this out as well :) One correction to your code, I believe. It should be something like this instead:

services.Configure(options => {
options.CookieOptions?.Domain = AppServices.IsLocal ? "localhost" : "xyz.com";
});

That way, a developer can still test locally and also the other properties of the CookieOptions object are kept (since you're not instantiating a new CookieOptions object).

- Mike

Good idea.