Example project not building

Hi there. I downloaded the SAML V2.0 FOR ASP.NET CORE free trial and wanted to play around with it. I went ahead and tried to build it without making any changes, but I’m getting a bunch of errors. I have .NET Core 2.0 installed and I’m using Visual Studio 2017, so I’m not sure what the issue is. I tried googling the various issues that popped up but I didn’t get anything helpful. Here’s some examples:

[quote]Reference to type ‘Task’ claims it is defined in ‘System.Runtime’, but it could not be found[/quote]
[quote]Assembly ‘System.Collections’ with identity ‘System.Collections, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a’ uses ‘System.Runtime, Version=4.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a’ which has a higher version than referenced assembly ‘System.Runtime’ with identity 'System.Runtime, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
[/quote]
[quote]The type or namespace name ‘X509Certificate2’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
[/quote]

Does anyone have any idea what might be going wrong here?

The example projects definitely should build cleanly.
If you open the NuGet package manager from within Visual Studio for one of the projects, are all the packages successfully installed?

[quote]
ComponentSpace - 1/11/2018
The example projects definitely should build cleanly.
If you open the NuGet package manager from within Visual Studio for one of the projects, are all the packages successfully installed?
[/quote]

Yeah there doesn't appear to be any issues with the packages, I looked through the NuGet package manager. My coworker was able to download and build the example project with no problems, so the issue appears to be localized to me. We have the same setup afaik though so I'm not sure what to do.

If you create a standard ASP.NET Core application do you see any issues?
If so, it sounds like something fundamental is wrong with your VS 2017 setup.
If not, you could then try to see what difference there are between that application and the examples we ship.
Our example web application are modified versions of the standard ASP.NET Core template application.