Error: Failed to verify the XML signature

I am a newbie to SAML and ComponentSpace. I am basically debugging the code that someone has written. We are running our site on .net4.0 and window 2008 servers. One of our client’s site blew up when they switched from SHA1 to SHA2(256) SSL cert. Our site was unable to read the configuration and we see ‘Failed to verify the XML signature’ errors.

From the below post i see that SHA2 is supported out of the box for .net4.0 and windows 2008 servers. We are using ComponentSpace.SAML2 dll with runtime version v2.0.50727. I guess we need to register the cryptographic algorithm. Do you have any specific steps to do this? Is there an article that i can follow to review our servers and make it work?

http://www.componentspace.com/Forums/30/SHA256-XML-Signature-Support

Thank you in advance.

For SHA-256 support you need to be using the .NET framework v3.5 or above. Our recommendation is to use the .NET framework v4.0 or above as this means you don’t have to install and configure a separate Microsoft CLR security update. You’ll find this mentioned in the article you referred to.
If you’re already using .NET 4.0 or above then you may be using an earlier version of our product. Automatic support for SHA-256 was added recently.
Please email us mentioning this topic so we can look at upgrade options.

[quote]
ComponentSpace - Thursday, May 5, 2016
For SHA-256 support you need to be using the .NET framework v3.5 or above. Our recommendation is to use the .NET framework v4.0 or above as this means you don't have to install and configure a separate Microsoft CLR security update. You'll find this mentioned in the article you referred to.
If you're already using .NET 4.0 or above then you may be using an earlier version of our product. Automatic support for SHA-256 was added recently.
Please email us mentioning this topic so we can look at upgrade options.
[/quote]

Yes, our application is running on .net 4.0. We are using the componentspace.saml2 dll for the runtime version 2.0.

Is it possible to do something on the server side without upgrading the componentSpace dlls?

Have you tried the .NET 4.0 version of the ComponentSpace.SAML2 DLL that we ship? This is in the Bin\dotNET40 folder.
If that doesn’t work you presumably have an earlier version of the DLL. Your options then are either to try applying the Microsoft CLR security update to the .NET 4.0 framework or upgrading the ComponentSpace.SAML2 DLL which I feel is a simpler solution and much better moving forward.

I am loan aplication for error xml signature please clear the problem

I’m sorry but I don’t understand what you’re saying.
Please elaborate on what the issue is providing as much detail as possible.