Can I support 2 certificates for the same Partner Identity Provider?

The reason I ask is one of my partners is going to update their SAML certificate, but it will be challenging to time the update of our system with the change on their end. It would be easier if I can just support both the new and the old certificate in my saml.config file and remove the old once I know their system has been updated.

Yes, that’s supported. You can specify a SecondaryPartnerCertificateFile as well as the PartnerCertificateFile.
When verifying a signature from the partner provider, the PartnerCertificateFile will be tried first.
If unsuccessful, the SecondaryPartnerCertificateFile will be tried.
Your configuration will be something like the following, assuming you’re the SP.
<PartnerIdentityProvider
Name=“XXXX”
PartnerCertificateFile=“old.cer”
SecondaryPartnerCertificateFile=“new.cer”

[quote]
ComponentSpace - 3/2/2017
Yes, that's supported. You can specify a SecondaryPartnerCertificateFile as well as the PartnerCertificateFile.
When verifying a signature from the partner provider, the PartnerCertificateFile will be tried first.
If unsuccessful, the SecondaryPartnerCertificateFile will be tried.
Your configuration will be something like the following, assuming you're the SP.
<PartnerIdentityProvider
Name="XXXX"
PartnerCertificateFile="old.cer"
SecondaryPartnerCertificateFile="new.cer"

[/quote]

Is that same secondary mechanism work if I have my certificates loaded in the windows certificate store and I'm using the Serial Number attribute to reference them?

Yes. You can specify PartnerCertificateSerialNumber and SecondaryPartnerCertificateSerialNumber.

[quote]
ComponentSpace - 3/3/2017
Yes. You can specify PartnerCertificateSerialNumber and SecondaryPartnerCertificateSerialNumber.
[/quote]

Do I need to be running a specific version to get that functionality?

You need v2.6.0.15 or later.

[quote]
ComponentSpace - 3/3/2017
You need v2.6.0.15 or later.
[/quote]

I'm running v2.6.0.13

Is that a free upgrade?

Please contact us by email with your license details.